Constable Country Patient Participation Group (PPG)
The new PPG has been meeting regularly since July and we would be pleased to hear from you. A list of members is available at both surgeries. We also have comments boxes in the waiting rooms. Our email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thought it would be helpful to explain the role of PPGs and here is a summary.
PPGs and practices work in unique partnerships to:
- contribute to the continuous improvement of services and quality of care
- foster improved communication between the practice and its patients
- provide practical support for the practice and help to implement change
- help patients to take more responsibility for their health.
PPGs can also help with:
- Advising the practice on the patient perspective
- Organising health promotion events
- Communicating with the wider patient body
- Running volunteer services and support groups to meet local needs
- Carrying out research into the views of those who use the practice (and their carers)
- Influencing the practice or the wider NHS to improve commissioning
- Fundraising to improve the services provided by the practice
Patient Representative Group
The practice aims to ensure it is connected with patients and understands the needs of different patient groups. The NHS is constantly mentioned in the media for a variety of reasons, and I’m sure all our patients understand that we operate in a very challenging environment. Demand is increasing and resources are diminishing, and we constantly review how we operate the practice to deliver the best service possible. It is therefore essential that we understand what services different patient groups need, their relative importance and how they wish these services to be delivered.
The current PPG has done an excellent job over the years and we are currently reviewing how we operate it, recognising that technology and social media can play an important role in enabling us to connect with our patients. I’m pleased to announce that Healthwatch Suffolk will be helping us over the next few months to establish a new structure for the PPG. We are therefore looking for representatives from our patient list. If you are interested in getting involved, in any capacity, then to please write to me at the practice briefly describing the demographic you represent e.g. parent of young children, commuter, disabled, elderly etc., and how and in what capacity you would like to engage with the practice e.g. attend meetings, use social media, PPG administration, local representative, volunteer at events etc.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.