When We Are Closed
- We are closed between the hours of 18:30 and 08:00 weekdays, as well as weekends and bank holidays.
- The surgery also closes for an afternoon session on either the first Wednesday or Thursday of every month as all clinical staff need to compulsorily attend CCG (Clinical Commissioning Group) teaching sessions at Trinity Park in Ipswich.
What should I do if I need a doctor?
- You can call the NHS111 service by dialling 111
- Please only use the out-of-hours service if your medical condition is such that you cannot possibly wait until the surgery opens again.
- The provision of an out-of-hours service costs local health authorities a lot of money and its resources are stretched by inappropriate use and patients who really need attention might have to wait longer.
When should I call 999?
Please only dial 999 or go to your nearest Accident & Emergency if the illness or injury is life threatening or can't wait. You should dial 999 immediately if you or someone else is seriously ill. For example if someone
- has had a major accident
- has problems with breathing
- has severe chest pains
- is unconscious
- has lost a lot of blood
At all other times, NHS 111 can tell you what to do if you or your family are feeling ill. Depending upon what is wrong with you, NHS 111 could tell you how to self-care, get in touch with the out of hours GP service, go to a walk-in centre or go to hospital. NHS 111 may need to call an ambulance for you if they think you need help quickly.