UPDATE ABOUT APPOINTMENTS
(last updated : 4th April 2020)
The surgery is continuously reviewing how we deliver our services in light of the recent issues surrounding coronavirus. It will be very helpful if you could kindly work with us so that we can minimise risk and ensure a healthy level of service. We sincerely thank you for your kind understanding.
EASTER WEEKEND - SURGERY TO OPEN NORMAL WORKING HOURS
**Due to the current Coronavirus Pandemic we will open normal working hours for the entire EASTER WEEKEND from Friday 10th April through to Monday 13th April. Please contact us via the normal practice phone number and also via E-Consult**
CAPEL ST MARY SITE TO CLOSE TEMPORARILY FROM 30TH MARCH 2020
- We are experiencing high demand due to recent events & also facing significant staff as well as protective equipment shortages. In order for us to work safely & ensure adequate level of service, we have unfortunately had to make the difficult decision of temporarily closing our Capel St Mary site from 30th March 2020. This decision was not taking lightly and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- The surgery site at Capel will be closed to all GP, nurse, phlebotomy clinics. The reception will also not be manned.
- The pharmacy which rents a space from the surgery will continue to offer its services as normal.
- We plan to pool all our available resources at our East Bergholt site. The clinicians will continue to serve all patients registered to the practice by doing majority of consultations by telephone. Nurse, dressing and phlebotomy appointments can be booked upto 1 week in advance.
- We request you all to avoid coming to the surgery as far as possible and please get in touch with us via "eConsult" or Telephone only.
** HERE IS HOW YOU CAN HELP **
PLEASE DO NOT book an appointment or attend either the surgery, pharmacy of hospital if you have any of the following:-
- A high temperature, persistent cough or are living with someone who has these symptoms
• If you have the symptoms, then please isolate for 7 days.
• If you live with someone who has these symptoms, then please isolate for 14 days.
• If your symptoms, worsen, please visit the NHS 111 website online. Only call NHS 111 direct if you cannot get online or are advised to do so by the online service.
PLEASE DO NOT visit the practice as far as possible esp to book appointments or ask about results. You can call us.
In case if you do visit the surgery - the reception will initially only speak to you via telephone. Notices about extension numbers have been placed in the reception area along with alcohol wipes.
PLEASE DO NOT arrive early or wait in the waiting rooms in case you have been offered an appointment.
After self check-in, please go back to your car. The clinician will your mobile when they are ready.
If don't have a car or need wait in the surgery - you may notice that the surgery has reduced the number of seats in the waiting area and have spread them apart. This is to encourage social distancing and limit the risk of spreading infection.
The surgery would recommend use of "eConsult" service which provides both self-help information and also allows you to contact our doctors for advice related to non-urgent matters.
Please check the link for more information https://constablecountrymedicalpractice.webgp.com/
**Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have anything of any serious or urgent concern via telephone**
Phlebotomy, nurse dressing, child immunization as well as other routine appointments continue to be offered as safely as possible. They can be booked up to 1 week in advance by calling the surgery.
The above advice may will be reviewed on a regular basis and may need to change. We will aim to keep you updated of any changes at the earliest possible.
Finally, can we kindly request you to be patient with us and polite to our staff. Our telephone lines are going to be extremely busy. We fully appreciate that this is a very stressful time for our patients. We are here to help, but we are working under extreme pressures with reduced staff numbers, and we would ask that you consider this when you call us.
Many thanks for your co-operation
Constable Country Medical Practice.
GP + Appointments
THIS SERVICE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED BY THE LOCAL HEALTH AUTHORITY.